People from all walks of life often ask me why Life Coaching is said to improve lives.
My answer is always the same … Coaching assists and enables people in any part of life where they want to see or experience some kind of change. Coaching is reflective and flexible and enhances individual life transitions.
Coaching is used as a sounding board, for support, guidance and assistance in any part of a person’s personal or professional life. For example, I have worked with people who have sought coaching for many reasons that you will see within this document, such as career help or career direction/enhancement; working out values, setting goals; helping to find the path in life they want to move towards to reach a dream; but also from parents who chose coaching to learn parenting skills. The reasons for seeking out a coach are very individual but people who experience being coached find renewed energy in their life, increased motivation, clarity, and a way forward in reaching their full potential.
Life coaching is not therapy. It is just having someone by your side supporting, encouraging, and empowering you to achieve your dreams and your goals. Coaching is all about you! It is about being in a partnership that assists you to live a life that is fulfilling and meaningful, based on your values. It is that simple.
How can a Coach help you?
A Coach will work with you to clarify what you want in your life, based on your values, passion, wants, needs, and will help you to create a path to learn new skills to reach your goals. Your coach will help produce positive results that will improve the quality of your life. So coaching will provide clarity on where you are going and guidance on how to get there!
This would be achieved through:
- Setting Goals
- Creating Strategy
- Following Through
- Measuring Results
- Refining Strategy
Whatever coaching you decide to embark on – you must feel supported, and be able to call your coach between sessions – as your needs arise. After all, this is about your life and your overall well-being.
Some of the areas that you may find useful and need support in are:
- Authentic, Ethical, and Values based Leadership
- Building Credibility, and Establishing Trust
- Build Resilience / Identify Strengths
- Strategic Business Growth
- Career Transitioning and Development
- Change of Strategy
- Culture Change and Change Management
- Committed Action
- Dealing with Stressful Situations
- Enhancing Performance
- Goal Setting and Setting Direction
- Improving relationships
- Increasing Customer Base
- Life Transition (i.e., divorce, retirement, new job, promotion, redundancy)
- Making Life Decisions
- Meaning and Purpose at Work and in Life
- Mindfulness (focused attention)
- Positive Relationships (at work and in personal life)
- Prioritizing Projects and Timelines
- Problem Solving and Planning
- Skill Building
- Strengths Identification and Application
- Strategic and Values based Decision Making
- Starting a Business
- Values and identifying core strengths
- Work/life balance
Coaching is not therapy, as the mindset and the synergy between the two is different.
However, life coaching does look at
- basic human needs
- creates partnerships, and
- offers ongoing support in a way that meets your goals.
Coaching should be offered in a flexible way such as by phone, Skype, e-mail, or even over a coffee.
At some point in your life, you may need someone to assist, support, and just be there to bounce ideas off. If you don’t use a coach, make sure to seek out a friend, a supervisor, a mentor, or someone to give you the support you need. Everyone needs someone, at some point in their life, to help them through the sometimes blurry path of life, and to tap into our amazing human creative resourcefulness.
Do your research, listen to your heart, and find the right coach for you!
I wish you all the best.
See more at: http://mindsetsynergy.com.au/coaching/